- My starting point – Chronic depression, continuous anxiety, social anxiety, unhappiness, you name it: I had it.
- The turnaround – “What if I take responsibility for my own wellbeingness instead of looking for it from outside myself?” This thought was that started it all. I started to look for new things to do, stopped playing games, found a few good audiobooks and I was on my way to change my life for good.
- +1 Year after – I had gotten rid of depression, anxiety, almost all negativity that was previously in me. There was still a sense of ‘emptiness’ in me, if I’d have to describe myself on the happy-sad scale, I’d put myself right in the middle. It was still a major development from my previous life.
- + 6 Months – I was wandering around, thinking about what I should do. At this point I was unaware that I could bring myself up in that happy-sad scale, so I just stayed with my daily not-so-much productive habits and tried to enjoy what I could.
- The final turnaround – I got this idea of really expanding my own life and my daily habits. I wasn’t sure what I was getting into, but I wanted to be more productive and have motivation to do something. I started to read and listen more to life-enhancing books, I picked up some momentum in my life, started new hobbies and finally realized that I was feeling the happiest and most confident that I’ve ever felt.
And I’m still on that road – time after that “final turnaround” has easily been the best in my life.
Selfimprovementa.com is a site that I use to share what I’ve learned for everyones benefit.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.- Aristotle