Today I wrote an answer to someone asking advice when they don’t feel any motivation to do anything, here are the main points:
- If you life is in pieces, actually caring less about all the stuff that you “have to do” can help you. This is because by having a state of mind where it feels impossible to do anything, you only hurt yourself by blaming and feeling guilty about things that you couldn’t do.
- Forgive yourself if you haven’t gotten anything done. What’s done is done. What you should do now is to look for ways to become more active.
- Don’t expect your whole life to change by making a one change in your daily life.
- Feeling great daily is like a puzzle: one piece doesn’t make the whole picture. You have to find the rest of the pieces (activities you do daily) and put them together.
- Start experimenting with things you haven’t done, try to find constantly new stuff to do if you don’t have any.
- Don’t expect to have any goals if you haven’t been looking for any. Also, put some focus on why you want to achieve your goals once you find them.
- Failure is just a made-up concept. Forget “failures” and start seeing all the lessons in your life. There’s not on person who can do anything by “default”, it’s always through trial and error.
- If you give responsibility about your well-beingness to others, they are going to do shitty job with it. I promise.
- Get familiar how habits work. All the things that you do daily are bunch of habits that you’ve cultivated over time.
- I recently wrote an article about how I intentionally spark passion in my life
For more elaboration, read the whole text/thread.
That’s about it for today.